1. SCOPE OF APPLICATION:
This privacy statement applies to these 3 entities:
- StarGen GmbH with registered office address at Gotthardstrasse 28, 6302 ZUG Switzerland
- StarGen SAS with registered office address at 8 avenue Duval Le Camus, 92210 Saint-Cloud France
- StarGen LTD with registered office address at 1 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4BE – United Kingdom
Each entity of the StarGen network (“StarGen”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, or each one of these entities acting independently and distinctly from the other ones) is strongly committed to protecting personal data.
This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights. It applies to personal data provided to us either directly or indirectly. We shall use personal data provided to us only for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. StarGen processes personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose may differ.
When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data. To find out more about our specific processing activities, please go to the relevant sections of this statement.
When we refer to “our Website” or “this Website”, we mean the specific webpages of stargenconsulting.com
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
Our policy is to collect only the personal data necessary for agreed purposes and we ask our clients to only share personal data where it is strictly needed for those purposes.
The personal data we process may include:
- contact title, name, gender, age and date of birth;
- contact information, such as address, email, and mobile phone number;
- country of residence;
- career history;
- areas of interests;
- lifestyle (for example, your hobbies);
- postings or messages on any blogs, forums, platforms, wikis or social media applications and services that we provide (including with third parties);
- IP address, browser type and language, your access times;
- information in any complaints you make ;
- details of how you use our products and services;
- details of how you like to interact with us, and other similar information relevant to our relationship.
3. WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We may process information about you that: (i) you provide to us, (ii) that we obtain from third parties or (iii) that is publicly available.
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Provision of professional services;
- Participation in marketing programs or events;
- Recruitment applications;
- Navigation on our Website.
4. WHAT PURPOSES IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED FOR
We are required by law to set out in this privacy statement the lawful grounds on which we rely to process your personal data:
- Providing professional services;
- Managing our relationship with clients;
- Managing marketing programs or events;
- Understanding your interests, perceptions and needs;
- Providing you with information about us and our range of services;
- Evaluating, developing or improving our services or products;
- Managing recruitment applications;
- Managing our Website, systems and applications;
- Managing your information requests;
- Managing your complaints;
- Complying with a legal or regulatory obligation.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In connection with any of the purposes outlined in the above section above, we may disclose data about you to:
- Entities of the StarGen network;
- Third party organizations that assist us in providing professional services or information
- Third party organizations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation
6. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use a range of measures to ensure we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These include:
- Education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data;
- Administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data to a ‘need to know’ basis.
The transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. So although we use appropriate measures to try to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as it is considered necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and/or the respect of any legal or regulatory obligation, and/or the establishment, defense or exercise of legal claims.
9. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from where it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
- Ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data; withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- Receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract);
- Ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by using the contact details set out below; and
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please contact our Data Privacy department directly by sending an email to: email@example.com
or by post to the address below:
DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
8 avenue Duval Le Camus
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
To ensure transparency we keep this privacy statement under regular review.
This privacy statement was last updated on 12 November 2018.