From product to integrated solutions
1 November, 2018VALUE-BASED INNOVATION
Radical changes in the healthcare landscape, evolving customer expectations and the escalation of investment required for a successful launch place irresistible pressure on the pharma traditional product-selling model.
- Convergence of Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Information technology, and Cognitive science (NBIC) are transforming medicine and care delivery
- New entrants are moving fast to capture value through the collection and analysis of “real world data” and the management of knowledge
- The move to value-based health care sharpens the focus on outcomes and efficiency at each step of the patient journey:
- Prevention and early detection
- Treatment optimization
- Medical adherence
- Monitoring and follow-up
- Most influential pharma customers increasingly demand holistic solutions that deliver the best outcomes at sustainable costs and not just drugs or devices. They need help to implement efficient person-centric models of care delivery.
- Healthcare purchase decision-making, now involving a broader set of stakeholders beyond clinicians, continues to consolidate, concentrating leverage among a smaller number of increasingly powerful buyers
- Consumers today want to take an active role in the management of their health and demand a healthcare experience that mirrors the convenience and transparency of their purchasing in other categories.
Pharma has a choice: it can revolutionize its business model and offer service components “beyond the pill” that enable their partners to deliver health outcomes, or resist change and be identified as simply a drug peddler.